information about us
Our nominated data protection contact is Claire Oldale who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
By giving your consent you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at:www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of it or use certain features.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
what this policy also covers.
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected:
- on our website, when you interact with it
- when you download from our website
- when you interact with our website advertising and applications on third party websites and services.
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the Personal Data we process and store to be removed.
what we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Full name, occupation, gender and marital status;
- Contact information and personal details – home address, email, contact telephone numbers, details of GP and other medical professionals;
- Current and past medical history, current medications, body measurements and lifestyle information provided by the client;
- If you access our website, technical information including internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log in information, browser type and version time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform.
what we do with the information we gather:
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- to provide services to you;
- to deal with your enquiry if you complete our contact form;
- to assess and understand your requirements;
- Professional clinical record keeping of client information;
where and how we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- As referred to above, our website is hosted by Fasthosts Ltd. No data is stored on our website.
- We keep all paper records containing your Personal Data in locked cabinets and only allow access to those who need to access the Personal Data.
- Our laptops are password protected
- Documents are password protected;
- We use an electronic GDPR compliant system for storing electronic records.
Records made by clove dietetics relating to the care of a client, will be stored for eight years (in line with British Dietetic Association Guidance for Record and Record Keeping). We may also be under an obligation to store your Personal Data for longer in accordance with our professional indemnity insurers requirements.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection legislation referred to above, you have the following rights:
- We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent, nor will we contact you for marketing purposes unless you give your consent. If you consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes at any stage, you can change your mind at any time by exercising your right to ask us not to contact you by e mailing us at: email@example.com
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us at: email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- relevant health professionals (only when consent is given by the client).
- In exceptional circumstances information about a client may be disclosed without consent if it is in the public interest to do so. This might be in circumstances where disclosing the information is necessary to prevent a serious crime or serious harm to other people.
- To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business, shares or assets.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – a Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our website, supporting functions such as logging in.
- Analytics and Flash Cookies – it is important for us to understand how you use our website. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information and helps us to improve our website.
- Functionality Cookies – enable us to provide additional functions to you.
- Persistent Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our website.
- Session Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our website. To delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using our website.
external web services and links
We may use external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. We cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
suppliers and other service providers
website terms and conditions.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you use this website.
References to “We”, ‘’Us’’ or “Our” shall be references to clove dietetics.
References to “You”, ‘’visitor’’ or “Your” shall be references to any persons who have visited and accessed this website.
References to “Terms” and “Agreement” mean the terms and conditions herein.
References to “website”, or “site”, means this website that you are currently using, associated software and services which are a part of the site.
References to ‘’services’’ means the services advertised by clove dietetics via this website or other means.
This website is provided and operated by clove dietetics. These terms were last updated on 19.10.20 These terms apply for using our website clove dietetics.
clove dietetics is a sole trader registered with and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), registered office; Health and Care Professions Council, Park House, 184-186 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU. Registration number DT06599.
Access to and the use of this website is permitted subject to the terms set out herein. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to the site and/or suspend or terminate your use without notice or liability. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not use this website. You must accept and comply with these Terms.
This site is for use in England and Wales. From time to time, clove dietetics may restrict access to some parts of or the entire site. We cannot guarantee this site will be available at all times or without interruptions. We may suspend or withdraw this site or part of it without notice, at any time.
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time and without notice. The material posted on this site is up to date as of 19.10.20 but is subject to change.
Information and other materials posted on this site are for general information for the adult population only and are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Information offered on clove dietetics website, blog and social media accounts is not a substitute for seeing a Registered Dietitian or another qualified healthcare professional.
clove dietetics therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Specialist advice must be obtained before taking or refraining to take action on the basis of any content on this site.
clove dietetics does not warrant or guarantee that all services listed or advertised may be available at all times. clove dietetics reserves the right to withdraw or amend any services.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes.
prohibited uses – you may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
you also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply of services.
if you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
if you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. [However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
The material published on our website are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
All content included on the site, unless uploaded by users, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, videos, images and icons is the property of Clove Dietetics, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use this Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable UK and international Intellectual Property Law.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use or distribute any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes.
We are not responsible for any website our site may link to, or the material contained on that site or any material uploaded by other users to or in relation to our site.
Creating a link to our website may only be carried out in accordance with the rules about linking to our site below:
rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact: email@example.com