I can provide nutritional advice for adults and teenagers, for the dietary management of:
- inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s or Colitis
- complex irritable bowel syndrome
- coeliac disease and non-coeliac gluten intolerance
- liver diseases including autoimmune liver disease or cirrhosis
- pancreatic and gall-bladder disorders e.g. bile salt malabsorption
- functional gastro-intestinal disorders
- constipation or diarrhoea
- post GI surgery or stoma formation
- GI symptoms post cancer treatment.
- allergic GI disorders e.g. oral-allergy syndrome, eosinophilic oesophagitis
- cyclical vomiting syndrome
- diverticular disease
- gastroparesis and rumination syndrome
- food intolerance including histamine intolerance
- food hypersensitivities e.g. sulphite or salicylate
- avoidant and restrictive food intake disorder [ARFID]
- nutritional support for weight gain and to improve nutritional state
- healthy eating
- vegetarian and vegan diets
My aim will be to work with you to ensure you achieve a nutritionally adequate, varied and balanced dietary intake, whilst empowering you to manage your condition and improve symptoms.
My assessment will be based on your food diary, and our discussion of your diet and lifestyle, along with your medical and symptom history. If needed to support your care, or to ensure we are dealing with the right condition, with your consent I may request your GP or Consultant facilitate blood or stool tests to check for coeliac disease, nutritional deficiency or markers of inflammation.
As there are no evidenced-based, reliable tests for food intolerance, diagnosis of these will be achieved by exclusion followed by reintroduction to determine tolerance level.